Monday 2 January 2012

100 Word Review - #10 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

What would you do if you turned around to see this?
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Genre - RPG

Metascore - 94%

Developer - Bethesda Game Studios

Other Games by Developer - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3

My Current Playtime - 46.2 hours


You can’t help but notice the visuals in ‘Skyrim’- they are spectacular. The gameplay is a well-executed version of the standard fantasy RPG formula (magic, dragons, etc.) and the series has been improved upon with addition of features from the ‘Fallout’ series, like perks. It does however, like all Bethesda fare, contain a few bugs. I love messing around when playing games and this is facilitated quite well - I spent far too much time messing around with NPCs. As good as ‘Skyrim’ is, I just didn’t feel like playing it anymore after completing the main quest, which is sad. 


My Score - 9/10


2 comments:

  1. How long did the main quest take you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say about 15-20 hours. I started off by doing a lot of the side quests before completing the main one.

      Delete