Wednesday 25 January 2012

100 Word Review - #17 - From Dust

I made this lovely river all by myself!
From Dust

Genre - Simulation, Adventure

Metascore - 76%

Developer - Ubisoft Montpellier

Other Games by Developer - N/A

My Current Playtime - 2 hours

In ‘From Dust’ you are a deity that has the ability to pick up sand, water and lava to manipulate your surroundings in order to allow your followers to make settlements and move to the next area. You work against persistent tidal waves and volcanic eruptions that make this game just too hard too early on. In the end, I just started to mess around with the environment, changing the paths of rivers and whatnot – this was a lot more fun. It’s like a cross between ‘Lemmings’, ‘Black and White’ and ‘Sim Earth’, but nowhere near as good as either.

My Score - 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment