Saturday 10 March 2012

100 Word Review - #25 - Shank

So, what weapon can we give this "Shank" character...?
Shank

Genre - Action, Indie

Metascore - 67%

Developer - Klei Entertainment

Other Games by Developer - Shank 2, Eets

My Current Playtime - 0.8 hours

I’ll be the first to admit that “Shank” never stood a great chance of getting a high score from me, being a side-scrolling beat ‘em up, (perhaps my least favourite genre). It is however, so repetitive that the three chapters I played through felt more like 50 hours than 50 minutes. It’s this button-mashing repetitiveness that means I might as well be playing “Streets of Rage” which is now 20 years old. “Shank” does have some redeeming features like its cartoony art style, but the lack of anything to mix up the gameplay means I have to say “don’t bother”.

My Score - 4/10

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to like this game because I do like good retro-feeling games. The graphics are nice and the bosses and the bosses are good fun, and I respect the game for that. However, it's biggest failing in general is that there are aproximately 27,000 key combinations to remember. Pity.

    ReplyDelete