Thursday 19 April 2012

Skyrim Update


Two weeks ago, I decided to go back to Skyrim to try and get the last 9 achievements. As I said in my review, I really didn't feel like playing any more after finishing the main quest, but as Tom had just bought it, I decided to give it another go.

It was nice to have something to aim for, but at times, it just got really tedious, and I remarked that it was like a fetch-quest Inception. The 'One With the Shadows' achievement in particular was amazingly drawn out and probably took me a couple of hours of repeating seven feats of theft for the Thieves Guild until I was given some other jobs.

I did, however, get a chance to increase some of my other skills to get the achievement for getting to level 50, which created a challenge as skills without perks can be pretty useless (especially in the endgame).

I've also been experimenting with a few mods, like Enhanced High-Level Gameplay, (which scales enemies above the level 35 cap they have otherwise) and various graphical enhancements, such as improved snow and blood effects.

I may experiment a bit more with mods, and try a few custom quests and areas or I may wait until an expansion is released. I may just uninstall it and sell off my Steam account. £1000 - any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment