Saturday 12 May 2012

100 Word Review - #44 - Data Jammers: FastForward

Anyone else remember the Tomytronic 3D?
Data Jammers: Fast Forward

Genre - Action, Indie

Metascore - N/A

Developer - Digital Eel

Other Games by Developer - BRAINPIPE: A Plunge to Unhumanity

My Playtime - 1 hour

What we have here is another short, weird and visually stimulating game from Digital Eel. DJ:FF reminds me of the Tomytronic 3D video game ‘goggles’ that I had when I was a kid, specifically a cross between the racing and space-shooter versions. You play as some sort of anti-virus software travelling through systems to (shockingly) eradicate viruses, and this takes the form of travelling down a track, with things attacking you from all sides, as you try to get to the end while collecting rings to boost your score. It only took me 40 minutes to finish, far too short.

My Score - 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment