Sunday 8 January 2012

100 Word Review - #13 - Nimbus

You'll have fun just drifting around
Nimbus

Genre - Indie, Racing

Metascore - 80%

Developer - Noumenon Games

Other Games by Developer - N/A

My Current Playtime - 3.1 hours


‘Nimbus’ is a cool little game in which you pilot a craft through a hazard-filled area. The catch being that apart from the occasional boost pad, you have no propulsion other than gravity. It’s a shame that ‘Nimbus’ doesn't have much more to it than that core mechanic. I’ve found that, for the most part, it has a calming effect on me. This ends rather abruptly when I come across an insanely difficult level, but the game is good enough to keep me from rage-quitting and burning my computer. And that, my friends, is the sign of a good game.

My Score - 7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment