Sunday 8 January 2012

100 Word Review - #T3 - Torchlight

Can get a bit hectic at times
Torchlight

Genre – RPG

Metascore – 83%

Developer – Runic Games

Other Games by Developer – N/A

Tom's Playtime – 17.9 hours

Probably the closest thing to a single player MMO that exists at the moment, 'Torchlight' reminds me of why I never played 'World of Warcraft' in that I've racked up 17 hours of gameplay yet I feel as though I've barely touched it. While the “story” leaves a lot to be desired, the gameplay is well-paced and holds up well with three very different playable classes. While the game tends to schizophrenically flit between having nothing on-screen and so many enemies that you cannot see, the obscene degrees of variation between playthroughs offer each player a truly unique experience.

Tom's Score – 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment