Sunday 12 February 2012

100 Word Review - #20 - inMomentum

There's a reason this game has an epilepsy warning
inMomentum

Genre - Racing, Indie

Metascore - 62%

Developer - Digital Arrow

Other Games by Developer - N/A

My Current Playtime - 0.8 hours

My head hurts, and I’m sure it’s from playing this game. It’s not often I’ll start by mentioning the visuals, but they’re just so completely mental. ‘InMomentum’s single player is a fast-paced run through an area with floating platforms, as you collect gems to open the exit gate. It kind of reminds me of the time trial levels from ‘Mirror’s Edge’. The multiplayer takes the form of a multi-lap race with awesome power-ups. The game isn’t helped by the awkward control scheme, switching the usual controls for shooting and jumping. And when do you ever use the ‘Alt’ key? Seriously...

My Score - 5/10

1 comment:

  1. I hated this game. Hey let's take the part of FPS games that everyone hates the most--jumping puzzles--and make them into a game all their own!

    ReplyDelete